(M & J n. 34, Vol. 19, n. 1, 2019)
Coordenação desta edição: Ivone Ferreira (ICNOVA / NOVA FCSH)
Prazo para submissão de trabalhos: 30 de junho de 2018
As limitações financeiras das empresas dificultam gastos em campanhas exorbitantes e o aluguel de espaço na mídia, que é altamente saturado com (des) informações, parece conferir uma oportunidade para a publicidade se reinventar, seja em termos de suas estratégias quanto à escolha de canais de publicidade. comunicação ou em termos de configuração de dispositivos que inaugurem uma nova forma de participação do consumidor, implementando estratégias que demonstrem maior eficiência e eficácia (custo).
Among the loss of credibility of the mass media discourse, the awareness of the artificial – inasmuch as commercial – character of advertising and the upsurge of instruments and channels available to users, its apparent bipolarity emerges, as in depressive periods it seems to be integrated in (marketing) communication strategies and in “histrionic” cycles it appears to be avant-garde and civic, while transfiguring itself in discourses that call for the end of stereotypes and for more egalitarian and democratic configuration of the society.
In this context, it is important to:
- Give an epistemological framework to a discipline that is articulated between the Habermasian publicity and advertising, yet not exhausted in these dualities;
- Reflect on publicity that is being taught and practiced currently, examining it from the perspective of the academy, that of agencies, customers, the media and of speech.
- Analyse the links between advertising and arts, in its twofold nature as contemplative and instrumental, especially in the strategies promoting territories presented in street art;
- Understand the strategies of audience participation, calling for engagement and co-creation by inaugurating new forms (such as flash-mobs, happenings and advergames) and requiring models of analysis adapted to the most recent typologies of discourse.
Number 34 of Media & Jornalismo dedicated to Advertising accepts contributions in the scope of theories, models and practices of Advertising, focusing in one or more of the following major topics:
- Advertising theory/theories;
- Teaching advertising in Portugal, Latin American and Anglo-Saxon countries;
- Semiotics and methodologies for advertising discourse analysis (media / new media);
- Advertising setting up and strategies;
- New skills and profiles of professionals and / or consumers;
- Advertising and Media (economy, industry, publics);
- Ethical and legal issues of advertising;
- Gender issues, social and environmental concerns;
- Advertising, propaganda and public space;
- Applied research (case studies);
- Advertising trends and new technological contexts (Big Data, AI, etc.).
The papers should be sent through the Open Journal System (OJS) platform.
Conditions for submission and Instructions to authors: